Ecology Online Quiz 1 and Quiz 2
Cell transport Questions
Mendelian Genetics Worksheet
Genetics Practice Question 1
Viruses & Bacteria
Food Web Questions
1. What is used to indicate the flow of energy in a food chain or web?
Arrows are used to indicate the flow of energy in a food chain and web.
2. What happens to energy as we move from step to step in a chain or web?
Energy is lost.
3. Define food web.
The food web is steps in which organisms transfer energy by eating and being eaten.
4. What is meant by trophic levels?
The position it holds in the food chain
5. Define autotroph.
Organisms that make their own food from sunlight and/or chemical energy from deep sea vents
6. The 1st trophic level consists of primary
7. Name the 2nd trophic level (both names).
The 2nd trophics name is Primary consumers and herbivores.
8. Secondary consumers may be ______
eating meat or ______
that eat both plants and animals.
Carnovers and omnivores
9. What is the 3rd trophic level called?
Its called Secondary consumers.
10. What is the 4th trophic level called?
11. At the 5th ______ level would be ______
consumers that eat tertiary consumers.
Trophic and quaternary
12. Give an example of 3 detritivores. On what do they feed?
Vultures, worms, and crabs are three examples.
13. What organism feeds on dead plants and animals and helps recycle them?
14. Both _____
and ____act as decomposers
Bacteria and fungi
15. Can an organism fill more than one trophic level --- yes or no? Give an example.
Yes a bear
1. Explain how the ecosystem works in terms of how ALL in the animals live together in the Amazon Jungle.
Include key terms such as producers, primary consumers, secondary consumers & tertiary consumers.
How is energy transferred in an ecosystem and does energy get recycled?
Is the ecosystem a delicate environment?
What is happening to the Amazon Jungle today as you are answering this question?
What does habitat loss mean? How does it effect the animals and humans as well?
What is happening to the trees in the Amazon Jungle?
How long in terms of miles is the Amazon River? How much fresh water does it hold?
What is your favorite animal? Why?
2. Find a Youtube video on the issues of what is happening to the great Amazon Jungle and upload it onto your website. You could upload 2 if you like.
Create a free website